The UEFA Women's EURO 2022 was played from 6 to 31 July 2022 in England, with 15 other nations joining the hosts. Our client HEART Productions worked with the GLA to bring the WEUROs to Trafalgar Square with a colourful design and stage production. The entire square takeover was live until the end of the tournament on the 31st of July. It featured a range of analogue and digital activations, including a Visa brand activation stand, digital keepy uppy and skills pitch.
Entry was free, and activities included:
• a pop-up football pitch where you could watch exhibition games and join coaching sessions
• interactive football-themed sponsor activities
• live panel discussions, interviews and music
• special events, including live screenings of the tournament final plus the football classic 'Bend It Like Beckham' to celebrate its 20th anniversary
• food and drink stalls offering lots of cuisines
• official UEFA Women’s EURO 2022 merchandise.
England made history, beating Germany 2:1 in the UEFA Women’s EURO final on Sunday, 31 July, and The Trafalgar Square Fan Festival hosted around 7,000 supporters for a game screening.
This epic win meant the team themselves were on stage in Trafalgar Square the following day for a historic live broadcast and celebration of women's English football success.