Job Description: Warehouse Technician
Salary: £21-25k depending on experience
Location: Tring, Hertfordshire
Position: Permanent, Full-Time
Holidays: 20 days excluding bank holidays (negotiable)
About the role
We’re looking for an enthusiastic person to join our team in our warehouse. This is a key role – ensuring that our assets are prepared, dispatched, returned and maintained in the best possible manner. It will be a varied role, so the right attitude and an ability to learn are key. Knowledge of, or an interest in, computer networks would be advantageous as the role will require configuring various items of networking equipment, both pre- and post-deployment.
There will be a significant amount of manual handling involved in the role, including up and down stairs, so the candidate must be physically capable to perform this.
Due to the nature of the events industry, changes to the working day can occur at very short notice, so a willingness to be flexible will be key to meeting project deadlines.
Noba, part of The Metatech Group is a leading event-specific IT company. We provide high-quality event WiFi and internet, live streaming, virtual and hybrid event support, and custom-developed software to the live event industry throughout the UK and beyond.
Our decades of experience mean we’re quick, thorough workers. We don’t take ourselves too seriously, but we are very serious about the quality of our work. We love what we do, and we’re confident you’ll enjoy being part of our busy team.
Key role responsibilities
- Prepare networking equipment for each project based on equipment pick lists for use on site.
- Maintain networking equipment for deployment on live events.
- Check sub-hired equipment prior to it going on-site to ensure it is correct and functions appropriately.
- Check sub-hired equipment on return from site prior to return to the supplier to ensure it is complete and report any defects.
- On occasion, install and configure networking kit/systems for on-site events.
- Keeping up to date with the latest technology within the department.
- Undertaking training to assist with personal development.
- All other duties appropriate to the role.
Requirements and Skills
- Full UK driving licence
- An interest in technology
- Team player and problem solver
- Basic understanding of computer networking beneficial
Contact details: firstname.lastname@example.org