Job Description: Finance Manager
Salary: £45-50k depending on experience
Location: Tring, Hertfordshire
The office will be moving closer to the M25 in the next 12 months, and there is scope to work from home one day a week.
Position: Permanent, Full-Time
Holidays: 20 days excluding bank holidays (negotiable)
About the role
Reporting directly to the Director and with no direct reports, this individual will be in charge of the finance function in a fast-moving, fast-growing business. They will be expected to develop finance processes as the company grows and must be happy being “hands-on” in the early days.
We are looking for someone to manage the business’s day-to-day financial processes. They will ensure that best-practice financial control is applied across the business operation. They will ensure that all the ledger entries are timely, accurate, and consistent with accounting standards. They will also be responsible for producing financial reports, managing financial meetings and ensuring the business complies with statutory requirements.
- Project Managers/Technical Team
- External Accountant & tax adviser
About The Metatech Group
We are specialist connectivity and IT providers to multiple sectors. The Metatech Group is the parent brand to WiFi and IT specialists Noba and Simpli-Fi. Following a successful partnership, Noba and Simpli-Fi merged in 2019. This merger enabled them to combine resources and expand their services in the UK and beyond.
We are here to support our brand family with complete integrity, which fosters an open and positive work environment and an ethical approach to decision-making. Our decades of experience mean we’re quick, thorough workers. We don’t take ourselves too seriously, but we are very serious about the quality of our work. We love what we do, and we’re confident you’ll enjoy being part of our busy team.
Key role responsibilities
- Maintain ledgers properly.
- Act as a systems administrator for finance applications.
- Complete daily bank reconciliations.
- Keep banking administration up to date.
- Manage purchase & sales ledgers in accordance with best practices.
- Prepare supplier payment file for approval by Directors.
- Reconcile supplier statements.
- Produce aged debtor and creditor listings for management.
- Complete a speedy month-end close process.
- Complete quarterly VAT returns.
- Produce monthly financial statements (P&L, balance sheet & cash flow), including a comparison to budget.
- Work with management to compile the annual budget & upload it to the financial reporting application.
- Run and maintain the company payroll and pension scheme records in accordance with policy & procedure.
- Recommend and implement improvements to financial processes and controls.
- Perform other finance & administrative duties as directed by Directors.
Requirements and Skills
- GCSE Maths and English – grade C & above
- Minimum AAT level 4 – preference for qualification from one of the chartered institutes
- Two years in accounts transactional processing
- Two years in management or financial accounting role in small to medium-sized business
- Previous employment in the events industry advantageous
Knowledge & Skills
- Highly IT literate
- Expert knowledge of small to mid-market applications for accounting and ancillary processes
- Advanced user of Excel
- Excellent organisational skills & ability to hit deadlines
- Good numerical skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good communication skills, in particular with non-finance people
- Anticipates needs & works proactively
- Takes responsibility & sees things through
- Solutions-focused with a “can do” attitude
- Team Player
t. 0345 612 3008
noba.co.uk simpli-fi.co.uk themetatechgroup.co.uk
The job description is intended to include the broad range of responsibilities and requirements of the post. It is neither exhaustive nor exclusive, but while some variations will be expected, these will be appropriate for the role.